Every owner of property owner in The Woods of Wimbledon is a member of the Civic Association. The Association provides services and collects fees to provide those maintenance and resident services. Maintenance Fund: The maintenance fund is an annual assessment that each property owner is required to pay and is administered by The Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association. The annual fee (maintenance fee) is $525.00 per lot (as of Nov. 16, 2017). The maintenance fee is due by the last day of January of each year. The assessment is used for the benefit of all lot owners and provides for the following services:
The Woods of Wimbledon maintains the common grounds of the community. The majority of the maintenance is contracted with ABC Lawn Care to provide lawn care, and sprinkler maintenance. The electricity, and water to keep these areas looking nice is also part of The woods of Wimbledon’s responsibility.
The Woods of Wimbledon contract with Cypress Creek Pest Control to provide mosquito control. Fogging is performed on average of once per week starting in late April and ending in mid October, weather conditions permitting. When conditions cause a higher than normal mosquito density, The Woods of Wimbledon will contract for more frequent fogging as necessary. The fogging truck drives each street and cul-de-sac in The Woods of Wimbledon, generally around 10:00 PM. The fogging treatment do not eliminate mosquitoes but simply reduce the number we have to contend with.
The Woods of Wimbledon contract with Best Trash to solid waste collection . For the benefit of new residents, or for those residents who might need a reminder of the contract terms, the following is a list of pertinent instructions applicable to our current contract.
- Household garbage will be collected on your driveway near your garage door or next to the back of your home on Mondays and Thursdays. (Trash will NOT be picked up from inside the garage nor will they collect waste behind gates where pets are confined.) Garbage shall be placed in plastic bags, garbage cans, or cardboard boxes not exceeding fifty (50) pounds in weight. Collectors will collect all household garbage and up to five (5) bags of yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, or pine needles) from each home. Any bags of yard waste in excess of the five bags that will be picked up at the back door must be placed at the curbside if the resident wants the excess bags collected. Otherwise, the excess bags of yard waste will be picked up on the next collection day. For those residents who have their lawns maintained by yard service companies, please instruct them to place all bags of yard waste at your back door, not at the curbside.
- Branches and tree trimmings shall be bundled and tied in approximately four (4) foot lengths and not weigh more than 50 pounds, and shall be placed at curbside by 7:00 A.M., the morning of pickup.
- Bulky or heavy trash such as stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, washing machines, dryers, furniture and other “hard to handle” waste shall be placed at curbside by 7:00 AM the morning of pickup. (NOTE: Refrigerators must have a tag verifying that the Freon has been removed).
- Workers will NOT pick up hazardous waste such as motor oil, batteries, gasoline, garden chemicals, or liquid paint. Other prohibited items are tires and asphalt shingles. Collectors shall NOT be required to pick up more than two (2) cubic yards of roofing lumber, wood fencing or other trash from major remodeling on each collection day.
- Service does NOT collect trash on New Years Day or Christmas Day. Should these holidays occur on Mondays and Thursdays, pick-up will be on the next scheduled day.
The Woods of Wimbledon contracts for “backdoor” household trash collection in order to maintain the appealing appearance of our subdivision. Sometimes drivers will change their routing which may result in pick-ups later than you are accustomed to. Please be patient. However, if by 8:00 PM you have been missed, please contact Republic Services. If you have any questions or are experiencing a problem concerning trash pick-up, do not hesitate to contact the Board.
The Woods of Wimbledon has retained lawyers in order to advise the board members and help enforce the Deed Restrictions.
To protect the Civic Association from unforeseen events, The Woods of Wimbledon maintenance several types of insurance policies. One of them protects the board from poor accounting practices by the treasurer, as required by the State of Texas. Another insurance policy protect the common grounds from destruction, or personal injury lawsuits.