Every property owner in Woods of Wimbledon is a member of the Civic Association. The Association offers amenities and collects fees to provide maintenance and residential services. The Maintenance Fund is an annual assessment each property owner is required to pay and is administered by Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association. The annual maintenance fee is $525.00 per lot (as of Nov. 16, 2017), and is due before January 31. The assessment benefits all lot owners and provides for the following services:
Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association maintains the common grounds of the community. The majority of the maintenance is contracted with ABC Lawn Care to provide lawn care and sprinkler maintenance. The electric and water services provided to keep our common areas attractive are funded by the annual maintenance fees.
Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association contracts with Cypress Creek Pest Control to provide mosquito control via fogging weekly beginning late-April and ending mid-October, weather conditions permitting. When conditions cause higher-than-normal mosquito density, the Association will contract more frequent fogging as necessary. The fogging truck drives each street and cul-de-sac after 10:00 p.m. While fogging treatments do not eliminate mosquitoes, it does reduce the number we have to contend with.
Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association contracts with Best Trash for solid waste collection. Below are pertinent instructions applicable to our current contract.
- Household garbage is collected on your driveway near your garage door, or next to the back of your home, on Mondays and Thursdays. (Trash will NOT be collected from inside the garage, nor will trash be collected behind gates where pets may be confined.) Garbage must be placed in plastic bags, garbage cans, or cardboard boxes not exceeding forty (40) pounds. Refuse collectors will take all household garbage and up to five (5) bags of yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, or pine needles) from each home. Bags of yard waste in excess of five (5) bags must be placed at the curbside for collection; otherwise, the excess bags will be taken on the next collection day. For those residents who have their lawns maintained by yard service companies, please instruct them to place all bags of yard waste at your back door, not at the curbside.
- Branches and tree trimmings must be bundled and tied in approximately four (4) foot lengths not weighing more than 40 pounds, and must be placed at curbside by 7:00 a.m., on collection day.
- Bulky or heavy trash, such as stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, washing machines, dryers, furniture and other “hard to handle” waste, shall be placed at curbside by 7:00 a.m., on collection days. (NOTE: Refrigerators must have a tag verifying that the Freon has been removed.)
- Refuse collectors will NOT pick up hazardous waste, such as motor oil, batteries, gasoline, garden chemicals, or liquid paint. Other prohibited items are tires and asphalt shingles. Collectors are NOT required to pick up more than two (2) cubic yards of roofing lumber, wood fencing, or other trash from major remodeling on each collection day.
- Best Trash does NOT collect on New Year’s Day or Christmas. Should these holidays occur on Mondays and Thursdays, collection will be on the next scheduled day.
Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association contracts for “backdoor” household trash collection to maintain the appealing appearance of our subdivision. Service routes may change which could result in later collection. Please be patient; however, if by 4:00 p.m., if you have been missed, please contact Best Trash. If you have any questions or are experiencing a problem concerning trash collection, do not hesitate to contact the Board of Directors.
Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association retains lawyers to advise the Board of Directors and to help enforce the Deed Restrictions.
Woods of Wimbledon Civic Association maintains several types of insurance policies as protection from unforeseen events and from litigation as required by the State of Texas.